Sunday, September 1, 2013

Guangzhou Layover








During my recent trip to Hong Kong, I managed to arrange to fly home via Guangzhou - which allowed me to spend half a day at the famous Fangcun Tea Village.  

One of my stops in Fangcun was at my favorite teapot shop.  It is always stocked to the brim with teapots.  I would just stand at the shop and stare at the huge assortment of teapots.  Its like a candy store.  I had known the proprietors for a few years, and I normally make a purchase every time I visit this shop.  

Walking in Fangcun requires some endurance by me not to be tempted by the various tea and teaware that are for sale.  Holding tightly to my wallet, I managed to get to another store that specializes in floral tea (last 2 pix).  I purchased some chrysanthemum flowers, the mini flower type 1 kg worth.....which my family enjoys during a hot day.  The proprietors there had also recommended me to buy their dried carnations, which they claimed make a sweet floral tea.  I then spent the rest of the day drinking tea with my Guangzhou tea friends.  An intoxicating tea session.

I will tell you in a later blog what I had bought during my trip, but meanwhile I will let the pix do all the talking.


No comments: